Paul C. Dickie

In article , G&M
writes
"IMM" wrote in message

snip
One B&Q Warehouse employee said their direct competitor is Wickes
and they aim to be always £1 cheaper. Can't say I've noticed them
undercutting Wickes. And every Wickes place I see has builders vans
outside which I can't say for B&Q Warehouses.

They've succeeded here in Stockport. Wickes is nearly empty most of
the time and the B&Q trade desk and dedicated entrance/exit is
opening for longer hours.

I'd venture to suggest that's mainly because of where Wickes is situated
-- at the top of Lancashire Hill, further from the motorway than B&Q and
with less easy access to the car park.

--
Paul