Todd Fatheree

"Jeff Harper" wrote in message

"Todd Fatheree" wrote in message
It's a reference to Jim Jones, a cult leader in the seventies who, along
with 900 or so followers established a community called Jonestown in
Guyana.
On November 18, 1978, Jones ordered a mass suicide by commanding his
followers to drink a cyanide-laden punch. So, someone who is "drinking
the
Kool-Aid" is a blind follower willing to do anything at their leader's
command.

I'm familiar with Jonestown but I didn't get it as applied to those who
oppose Bush's re-election. Thanks for the explanation.

I see lots of Bush supporters using it. Has it been put out by the
right-wing radio/TV talk shows?

Not that I've heard. Perhaps Bush supporters just know history better.

todd