Dan

That wasn't actually a recall, it was a service bulletin. If you got
a new heat exchanger out of it, good deal! These are good furnaces
and highly efficient, they just suffered from manufacturing problems.
That said, I would get a reliable CO detector. Not just for this one,
for any furnace burning fuel. The Lennox Pulse is a bit more
dangerous in failure than most due to the positive pressure heat
exchanger design.

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 13:53:14 -0500, Mike
wrote:

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 14:46:27 -0500, Noon-Air wrote:

Provided its taken care of and serviced regularly, *normal* design service
life is 18 - 20 years

I just had an annual done on our 20-year old Lennox Pulse furnace. In
1998, due to a factory recall, the heat exchanger was replaced. The tech
told me today that he would expect another 20-25 years of life out of it.
The furnace is 90-96% efficient too.

Of course you never know...and I am knocking on wood. I've heard of
furnaces dying after 6 years.

The furnace, AC, and water heater in my parent's home are all 27
years old. The Heil furnace has _never_ had an annual
cleaning/inspection. The AC needed a repair once. My dad doesn't even
bother draining the water heater...ever!

We live in Wisconsin too.