Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

I have a Wickes W62 hot water boiler that needs a few replacement parts.

Most important, is a new firebox. The ceramic fiber firebox might be
manufactured 'generic' and come in different sizes to fit applications,

but
I don't know of any manufacturers.

The other thing I need is a new fire door. Mine's cracked diagonally

across
most of the door.

If anyone can point me to sources for these things, much appreciated.

--

If the fire door is cracked, it may be time for a new boiler.....

Not an option, from a financial aspect. And the rest of the boiler is in
beautiful shape. It's cast iron throughout. If it cracked and started
leaking, I would probably have to move to FL and move in with relatives. As
long as it doesn't leak water and it heats the house, I'll try to repair it.
If I had the money to replace my boiler, I wouldn't be asking for free
advice here, now would I? :-)

I can live with the firedoor situation, as it's not in front of the flame,
nor is it leaking flame.
I DO need the vacuum-formed ceramic fiber firebox though. The original is
completely disintigrated and was removed in small pieces during cleaning of
the chamber yesterday.

I've looked into buying some type of fiber ceramic insulation and contacted
ThermalCeramics.com, but I don't hold much hope, as they deal in bulk to
manufacturers of industrial furnaces.

Doesn't anybody make replacement fireboxes for these furnaces? Wickes is out
of the boiler business as of 7 years ago, so they were unable to help me.

--
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

VIDEO PRODUCTION • FILM SCANNING • DVD MASTERING • AUDIO RESTORATION
Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: http://www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm
Business sites at:
www.dv-clips.com
www.mwcomms.com