chris French

In message , Andy Hall
writes
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 21:10:44 +0100, "Paul C. Dickie"
wrote:

In article , chris French
writes
In message , Rick Hughes
writes
They have moved to a new larger premise .... and tried to hack their system
to cope, but gave up and have taken syatem off-line and stopped orders to
month end to give them time to get it sorted.

Except they are taking orders again, but limiting them so as not to
overload the system.

It seems that they haven't yet got enough staff at their new warehouse.

Do they *really* want to drive customers away, never to return?

You're making a big assumption that customers won't return

When it's easy to order and shipments work, most people have pretty
short memories.

Indeed.

Things do seem to be improving. While you may find at the moment that if
you try too order at certain times the site is closed (it still has the
warning on the home page), it's comes back up again later. More
importantly, if you place an order, at least you are likely to get it. I
ordered yesterday at about 9.45, received the order (as I would normally
expect) this am.

Best try to avoid trying to order at 3 in the afternoon though I guess.

Sure they have made a major cock up here, but I think they have dealt
with it in a reasonable way (not perfect, I take on boards points about
leaving site up , just not taking orders). Better that then continuing
to take orders when the system/staffing just weren't up to dealing with
them.

It did spur me to try Toolstation last week though, all went smoothly,
but less product range than SF (though of course they have some thing SF
don't) Website doesn't seem to work quite so well either.
--
Chris French, Leeds