Hatunen

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 19:55:06 +0000 (UTC),
(D. Gerasimatos) wrote:

In article ,
Hatunen wrote:

With the seismologists predicting a major quake on the Hayward or
San Andreas faults in the East May or on the Peninsula with a
probability of, what is it now? 40% in the next 30 years? there
is a rather high probability of significant damage to a
residential structure. Both northern and southern California got
lulled into a sense of complacency because there was a lull in
seisemic activity for most of the 20th century, save, for
southern California the Long Beach, Sylmar and Santa Barbara
events.

Northridge? Whittier?

Also remember that you don't have to have your house fall down to
make repair costly.

This is true. I had a coworker whose house was torn down even though it
"looked" fine. On the other hand, the average amount of earthquake
damage tends to be rather small - smaller than the deductible, which is
not a coincidence.

Dimitri