Pete C

On 7 Oct 2004 01:26:21 -0700, (Simon
Langford) wrote:

I pretty much summed up all that I've done in my first para - i.e.
just closed down the LSVs on the hottest (ground floor) rads, hoping
that would force some hot water to make its way up to the second
floor. I've not done any proper temperature readings (except using my
hand!). All of the go/return plumbing is concealed below the
flooring, so I cannot tell how the plumbing is routed. There is about
a meter of exposed 'main' pipework near the boiler and I guess the
external diameter is about 25mm.

Hi,

Try closing off the ground and first floors, open the top floor. Then
gradually open the first floor to balance the first and second floors,
then crack the ones on the ground floor open a tiny bit at a time to
balance them with the first and second.

I tried that last night - with all the others locked off, my top rads
heat up nice and hot. So no blockages, airlocks, etc.

Bit of an assumption there, if there is air trapped in the top of the
system it could make a massive difference when the lower rads are
open.

cheers,
Pete.