IMM

"Lobster" wrote in message
"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message

That episode last night really got on my nerves, as everything that
Sarah suggested was rejected out of hand, with a sneer even, by the
two women. I don't know why SB bothers, as hardly anyone on any
episode I've seen has heeded her advice at all.

But that's the whole point, innit? If everyone on the prog said 'Yeah,
Sarah, wow, great idea we'll do that' to everything she came up with it
wouldn't be "good" TV, would it? Much better to have lots of conflict,

and
stupid prats making saft statements and digging ginormous holes for
themselves.

I often wonder how many filmed projects never actually get shown because
they run smoothly, to budget and time, and the protagonists actually heed
Beeny's advice...

The same format for Grand Designs, although last nights went smoothly. Yet
near end Kevin McCloud said it was running over budget, and the architect
had told him that was because they ordered more extras not because of delays
or mismanagement. The only suspense McCloud put in was that he thought the
interior would be naff and it wasn't, it was brilliant. I wouldn't like to
pay to heat that place. Little insulation anywhere.