dale austin

Conan the Librarian wrote:

That's a beautiful place, and a wonderful website as well.

Apropros to the thread in general: If you've ever flown into the
Dallas/Forth Worth airport, you've probably seen the Texas version of
the McMansion as you began your approach. The only difference being
that in Texas each one has a swimming pool.

Chuck Vance

Thanks. I can take credit for the website, but not the house. I'm just
the most recent in a long line of caretakers. Barring catastrophes,
she'll be standing long after I'm looking up at the universe through six
feet of dirt. On which note-we have a cemetery just up the street a bit
with some 300 Civil War vets, and most of the prior owners of my
house-including George Custer's mother-in-law who owned it for a while.

Dale