Eastward Bound

(Raymond Yeung) wrote in message . com...
My wife and I are looking for a house/condo/apartment in the
South Bay Area of California. We've some earthquake related
questions:

1. There's a 8-storage metropolitan apartment building that the
builder claims to be built with post-tension construction. It
was built in early 2003. Is this technique something especially
for earthquake? Or is it typical of any building these days,
regardless of geographical locations.

2. Given the current construction methods, what's the safety profile
of such a multi-level building versus the usual 2-3 story houses?

3. There're a lot of 40-50 year old houses selling at over half a
million here due to school district. My impression is that wood
framed structure tends to age and become weaker. Is this true?

Thanks,
Raymond

LOL

I couldn't help myself but to cringe and smirk when I read this. I'm
not trying to be rude or anything but I grew up in the South Bay Area
and I have long since moved on. You are probably considering
something in or around Torrance. You will be faced with problems such
as (1) 2 hour commutes - 1 way.
(2) Nasty year round SMOG (3) ****ty drivers (4) Overinflation (5)
High cost of living (6) Police corruption & police brutality (7)
Drug related crimes (8) superficial populace (9) Winter floods
where all the freeways shut down and everyones roof seems to cave in
(10) Day to day Police pursuites (11) Cars crashing into buildings
constantly (12) Nazi red light cameras

Not to mention that you are in California and Over HALF of your income
is taxed away from you. Something like 75%. You will be faced with
(FAKE) Oxygenated gasoline that they try to sell as (REAL AUTHENTIC)
gas but really isn't. Intended to burn cleaner but as a result you
pay 50 cents more a gallon for it, your car runs like **** on it and
burns it faster. Not only that but the oxygenated - MTBE ****ty stuff
corrods all of your fuel line and engine components causing Car fires
on the side of the freeway every daily commute.

Good luck once you loose your car in an accident from all the ****less
mexican illegal alien drivers there with NO or FAKE insurance. Your
****ty SoCal. insurance company will not compensate you for it and you
will have to sue them. Before you can get things settled you will be
faced with problems such as not being able to get to work (since it's
car town with no mass transit) PLUS sky high medical bills that you
won't be able to pay off.

MWA hAHA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! If you just moved, you are in for a time
of your life. I am so glade I moved on...