NSM

"Peter E. Orban" wrote in message
| Hi Everyone,
|
| We replaced most of our incandescent light bulbs with compact
| fluorescent bulbs about a year and a half ago (it was before the NA
| blackout last year). The bulbs are holding up fine, except in the
| bathrooms, and I am wondering what could be the reason.
| I am wondering what could be the reason for such a high rate of failure?

Made in China? I bought 25 from the dollar store and they have a higher
failure rate.

| Is it possible that the powering up event of three or five lights in
| parallel produces more transients, or something like that?

No

| There is also more moisture for short periods of time in the bathroom,
| but not in the powder room.
| I have double checked the wiring of the fixtures, they are wired
| correctly, for live and neutral, with the ground attached.

None of that matters. Position (base up, down or sideways) is more
important.

| They are also selling similar bulbs, specifically for vanities, about
| 2.5 times the cost of the regular ones. They only seem to have the
| balloon shaped and sized differently around the spiral. I would be
| surprised if there were any other differences between them.

US made might be better if you can find them. Often they all come from the
same factories, and the prices differ because of greed, not quality.