Charles Spitzer

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Charles Spitzer" wrote in message

"RickS" rick --dot-- s --at-- comcast.net wrote in message
"Leon" wrote...
I am guessing here but I do know that there are 2 styles of laminate

trim
bits. Those that will trim the laminate at a 90 degree angle and
there
are those that the bit cuts at a slight angle angle. [snip]

Thanks Leon.

My question really concerned the Whiteside "Euro-Square" laminate bits
having a square bearing guide, rather than round. The square guide

stops
turning as it contacts the surface. This is supposed to improve the

trim
quality, but since I'm not convinced, I thought I might see if anyone

here
has some experience with them.

/rick.

maybe because it won't burn. if the round one gets a little bit stuck or
doesn't rotate at the same speed, then it might burn the laminate?

The bearing isn't supposed to rotate at the same speed as the bit. It's
there to ride on the surface as a guide and it's a bearing so that it is
not
spinning as one with the bit.
--

-Mike-

the outside doesn't rotate at the same speed as the bit, but isn't the
inside supposed to?