Dave Hinz

On 6 Oct 2004 22:40:39 -0700, Nate Perkins wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote in message ...
On 6 Oct 2004 12:01:30 -0700, Nate Perkins wrote:
That's the burden you carry as an incumbent --
people see where you made mistakes.

And being a Senator who agrees with the reasons and decisions
doesn't come with that same burden then, Nate?

No, it doesn't come with the same burden. The Presidency is a far
larger job than being a senator, and I think that most people would
agree that it comes with much greater authority, responsibility, and
accountability.

And yet, Kerry wants to _be_ President, but you don't feel that he should
be held to Presidential standards to decide if he's qualified?

I hope that you are not implying that Kerry has agreed with all of
Bush's reasons and decisions. That would certainly be false.

Kerry said SH was dangerous and needed to be stopped. Do I have
to break out the quotes yet again, Nate?

Too bad you keep evading my direct question of what in the August
6th memo is specific enough to be actionable, Nate.

You mean the memo entitled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in US,"
discussing Al Qaeda plots to hijack planes, that was presented to the
President less than four weeks prior to the 9/11 attacks?

Yes, Nate, that memo. What specifically in that memo was actionable?
Meaning, show me a sentence from the memo, and tell me what Bush should
have done based on that sentence. Move to the next one. Lather, rinse,
repeat. Don't just re-parrot the title. We knew Bin Ladin wanted to
attack us, he had done so several times in the Clinton administration
after all. Which federal buildings in NYC were attacked, Nate?

Yes, I agree it doesn't spell out the where, when, and how.

Wonderful. We're getting somewhere. If the memo doesn't give a where,
a when, or a how, what specifically should Bush have done based on
said memo that would have prevented the 9/11 attacks? (show your work).

Here are
a number of other examples that don't spell out the where, when, and
how:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2002May16.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2002May17.html

....with the benefit of 8 months of hindsight...and a rehash of the same
vague unactionable memo...

http://www.dailytelegraph.co.uk/news.../16/wcia16.xml

"ISRAELI intelligence officials say that they warned their counterparts
in the United States last month that large-scale terrorist attacks on
highly visible targets on the American mainland were imminent."

In other words "Something is gonna happen and it's gonna be big". What
specifically would YOU do, Nate, given that warning? Where would you
put the security forces, Nate, and what would they be watching for?

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/wnt/D..._1_020218.html

20/20 hindsight and unactionably vague. Keep trying, Nate.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2002May16.html

Same link as above. Still vague and unactionable.

http://www.cjr.org/year/01/6/evans.asp

"Americans will likely die on American soil, possibly in large numbers"

Yeah, Nate, that's certainly specific enough to blame Bush for not
acting on it. Sheesh.