Laurence Taylor

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote:

Head cleaning problem. Video heads mainly, but the audio/control head could
cause this also. Caution is advised - improper technique can ruin the video
head. The affected head gap on the A/C head is the lower one - Sony's were a
bit notorious for this one getting dirty.

The video mute is controlled by the sync signal from the control head,
so any dirt or wear here will kill the output.

(Trust Sony to be different, everyone else used the video signal!)

(I'm just jealous because you've got an HF100 and I haven't!)

--

rgds
LAurence

....But if I'm not who I am, who am I?