Bigpole

PLEASE Greg,

Tell me the details. I saw the pictures but no description of the circuitry

Ted

Greg G. wrote in message . ..
Joe "Woody" Woodpecker said:

I don't feel those rediculas blade mounted lasers are a joke. A laser
needs to do everything the blade will do. If you're cutting at a
compound angle, your laser needs to show where the cut line is. I've
seen where a laser penlight was adapted to the blade guard and after a
few shakes from vibration, it is out of adjustment. My blade mount
laser works better than anything I've seen on the market. So why is it
a joke?

I'm glad you are happy with it - to each his own.
The only original equipment laser on the market even worth considering
is the PC/Delta dual laser miter saw.
All the others ARE blade arbor mounted lasers.

I believe I covered the pros and cons of each in my original post.
To review, Blade Mounted Lasers:

They are battery powered,
They require the saw to be ON (spinning) when positioning the wood.
The line is 1/16" - 1/8" to the left of the actual cut.
They are Chinese mfg pot metal that replace the arbor washer - and as
such they do not fit all saws and interfere with some blade guards.
They do not project a line through the blade guard without optical
distortion.
Their reliability is purportedly very questionable.
They are $50 and up.

A properly designed frame mounted laser DOES what the blade does.
Only an idiot would mount one to the blade guard - it's too flimsy.

They are not battery powered, and require no maintenance once set-up.
They operate without the saw blade spinning which is far safer.
They work properly at all miter and bevel angles.
They mark the ACTUAL blade kerf, not 1/16" - 1/8" to the left.
Do not modify arbor design & cause interference with guard movement.
Do not depend on guard's optical clarity to properly mark a line.
Cost $15 and an hour of time.

FWIW,

Greg G.