Bob

"IMM" wrote in message

"Mike Halmarack" wrote in message

At 3 am this morning my wife asked me why the living expenses are not
shown for these couples who drop everything else to do up the selected
properties whilst appearing on TV.
Is the program mainly intended as entertainment, information or
heavily slanted advertising on behalf of needy housing market
professionals?
I suppose it could be seen as some or all of those.

The amount of people who make little or lose is astounding. Doing up
property to sell is a dodgy game and you have to know what you are doing

and
the market the house is in. Beany knows her stuff and if her guidelines

are
followed you will make money, or not lose. The most important point is

know
the market the house or flat is in and what will add value in that market.

A lot of the people I've seen on that show have only made money because
house prices have risen while they've been doing it up. In some cases
they'd have been better of doing nothing to it at all, leaving it unlet and
just selling it a year later.

Bob