Mike Halmarack

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 10:03:29 +0100, Mike Mitchell
wrote:

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 01:09:46 +0100, "JoeJoe" wrote:

Watched the program tonight, and was wondering...

They claimed to have spent £1200 on their kitchen, which was of decent size,
including appliances (which looked pretty expensive ones), and installation.

I buy 3-4 per year, and have a joiner friend that fits them for me for £400
each. I tend to buy mine from MFI/B&Q/etc middle-range, and with very good
quality fitting they usually look pretty good. For similar kitchen to the
ones I buy the sheds/MFI charge at least £1000 for fitting.

Even if I exclude the extra units that they had in their beautifully
appointed (NOT) utility room, where can one find all this lot for that
price?

That episode last night really got on my nerves, as everything that
Sarah suggested was rejected out of hand, with a sneer even, by the
two women. I don't know why SB bothers,

Big Bucks?

as hardly anyone on any
episode I've seen has heeded her advice at all.

Seems to be the standard formula devised to provide just the right
amount of tension and conflict for the average 'soap' viewer, or with
this genre should that be Swarfega?

And while the finished
article last night did look nice overall, the mistake with the
placement of the kitchen was utterly stupid.

Well spotted!

I am convinced that the
butch one just refused to back down for fear of losing face. Oh, and
how convenient for her big toe to play up when the extent of the work
required was realised!

A 'baddy' through and through.

We do have doctors in this country.

True! And if you live long enough you'll get to meet one.

I just
thought it was creating a big effect by 'working' with one foot in a
bucket.

Yes, absurdly theatrical eh?

The same with the loft. Even after the building inspector had
warned them about the sorry state of the roof timbers, referring to
the ones which had been cut away, what did they do? Get the odd-jobber
to attach some very flimsy looking metal struts!

You'll win the "perfect viewer" prize Mike.
--
Mike Halmarack

Drop the EGG to mail me.