The Natural Philosopher

truman wrote:

Hi all

I've just fitted my new bathroom and it's time for the silicon sealant,
around the edges of the new vinyl flooring as well as the 3-piece suite. In
the past I have used my finger to smooth it, and made a really crap job of
it - sealant oozing out on either side of finger and difficult to get a nice
neat bead. Any tips anyone for applying silicon sealant neatly?

Disposable bog roll - soaked in white spirit.

Use a whole roll, and keep wiping till surplus is all gone.

Use a fresh piece EVERY wipe.

You can also use a sponge rinses out in whie spirit EVERY WIPE, but the
final tidying up needs absorbent throway bog roll.