Richard Savage

truman wrote:

Hi all

I've just fitted my new bathroom and it's time for the silicon sealant,
around the edges of the new vinyl flooring as well as the 3-piece suite. In
the past I have used my finger to smooth it, and made a really crap job of
it - sealant oozing out on either side of finger and difficult to get a nice
neat bead. Any tips anyone for applying silicon sealant neatly?

Asked exactly the same question a few weeks back. Lots of very erudite
answers from experts. It's well worth Googling through the archives.
The gist(s) involved laying masking tape guides and a bowl of water and
washing up liquid to freqently wet your finger. None of the answers
resolved the problem of laying enough silicone down to ensure complete
gap coverage without building up a huge 'snowplow' of excess silicone as
you smooth it with your finger.

SWMBO thinks that I should ask a friend who's wife claims is 'brill' at
applying siliconce. Something about a load of ******** and lasts was
muttered!

BOL

Richard