IMM

"Pete C" wrote in message
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:47:17 +0100, chris French
wrote:

"But in Stoke-on-Trent a new B&Q warehouse has been unable to meet
demand for products sold on its screwfix
.com website because of a shortage of 100 employees.

It is too much to expect journalists to get basic facts correct?

how do they expect people to believe what they write when they come

out
with crap like the above.

Which bit is crap exactly?

It's not a B&Q Warehouse - a retail store, it's Screwfix's new
warehouse/distribution centre they are referring to presumably .

The websites is not B&Q warehouses of course either.

This is just sloppy reporting, conflating B&Q with Screwfix as if they
are the same company, Just because Kingfisher own them both.

Maybe they are trying to merge Screwfix with the mail order side of
B&Q, and save by having products common to both sites.

Screwfix is aimed at the trade, although they welcome DIYers. B&Q is aimed
at DIY, except that the newish B&Q Warehouses are aimed at the trade and
welcome DIYers. One B&Q Warehouse employee said their direct competitor is
Wickes and they aim to be always £1 cheaper. Can't say I've noticed them
undercutting Wickes. And every Wickes place I see has builders vans outside
which I can't say for B&Q Warehouses.