Andy Hall

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 15:38:01 +0100, "Bob Mannix"
wrote:

"chris French" wrote in message
with crap like the above.

Which bit is crap exactly?

It's not a B&Q Warehouse - a retail store, it's Screwfix's new
warehouse/distribution centre they are referring to presumably .

The websites is not B&Q warehouses of course either.

This is just sloppy reporting, conflating B&Q with Screwfix as if they
are the same company, Just because Kingfisher own them both.

I believe Screwfix operates as a subsiduary of B&Q.

see:

http://www.theretailbulletin.com/ind...t=news&id=4837

for example. A warehouse is not (in general) a retail store. Hence it is a
warehouse (and mail order ditribution centre) owned by a subsiduary of B&Q.
A little journalistic licence, but hardly crap.

I checked into this some while ago when the discussion about Bargain
Bob's was going on and in fact there is a fairly complex structure of
holding companies in the Kingfisher group.

I am pretty certain the Screwfix is not a direct or indirect
subsidiary of B&Q, but I can check if it really matters.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl