Andy Hall

Default MFI discount?

On 1 Feb 2004 14:27:37 -0800, (leaky_caldron) wrote:

Having priced up a fairly expensive kitchen (£5K) at MFI ( excluding
appliances which I will source elsewhere) I wondered if anyone has any
idea whether MFI are willing to negotiate a discount (not the "70%"
off so called special offers & sale prices) but basically a reduction
"for cash".

I can always ask of course, but wondered if anyone has successfully
done so with MFI?

Cheers.

What does "for cash" mean?

Do you mean a cash or cheque payment vs. using a credit card.
For this you could ask for 3-6% discount since that would be the card
company's take from the transaction.

Bear in mind that if you buy on a credit card, you have the protection
of the Consumer Credit Act. If MFI don't perform in some way, you
have a come back to the card company. That may be worth considering
unless you are trying to pinch to the last penny.

If by "for cash" you mean pound notes in the assistant's pocket, then
I suppose there are always bent shop assistants.......

You could also go into the store, ask to see the manager and ask him
when his month end is. He might like a £5k order if he's a little
short.

Bear in mind though, that the margins on kitchen furniture are
massive, so discounts could be large without the retailer being too
squeezed.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl