Jerry G.

This can be from a break in the circuit board, or the uPC in either the
handset or the base is having problems. This type of repair would not be
worth to service.

These phones are very low in cost, and have an exchange warranty when
new. The manufacture themselves don't service them during the warranty
period. They give the customer a new phone.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Zev Berkovich" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I have a problem with a GE cordless 900 MHz answering machine model
26990-D. When I use the phone and am dialing the number "6", more
often than not, the phone goes into mute mode and the 6 doesn't dial.
I have already cleaned the keypad internally, but it doesn't help.

Any ideas?