Doug Winterburn

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 14:43:54 +0000, mac davis wrote:

My question is in ripping... how is this handled in relation to the fence,
as in moving it (adding or replacing filler strips) to adjust your cut

First and most important - don't kerf the table. Apply a 1/4" sacrificial
top to the front table and make the "standard kerfs" in this. The
standard kerfs include a 90 degree crosscut, a 45 degree bevel, a 45
degree miter and inrip and outrip troughs for ripping. The troughs
should be made by pulling the motor all the way to the end of the
arm, locking it on the arm and rotating the motor while the saw is
running. The motor is then unlocked and pushed slowly to the fence
for the inrip trough and pushed in to the start of the inrip trough
when cutting the outrip trough. The Powr-Kraft sam troughs don't
aligh, but many saws do. Here's a link to a picture of a sacrificial ply
top with the standard kerfs on a Powr-Kraft RAS:

http://www.winterburn.net/doug/pictures/woodworking/ras_3.jpg

-Doug

--
"It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among
[my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between