Brian Elfert

"Swingman" writes:

You can build a much bigger POS with a front loading garage on a smaller lot
... also it's often difficult to get a SUV into a rear garage on the 50' X
100' lots that are so prevalent these days and still get 3000sf of house,
which is about as small as the market will bear in some areas.

I have a new house specifically built with a garage in back. An SUV would
fit okay, but my F-350 pickup is nearly impossible to get into the garage.

(I only have an F-350 pickup to pull an RV, or I would have a much smaller
vehicle. I don't have big truck to show off like a lot of guys.)

All the above notwithstanding, I am seeing a trend toward smaller houses in
the last couple of years as the population gets older. AAMOF, I am building
one now in one of the most desirable, upscale areas of Houston that is only

My house is new and is only 1400 SF right now with two unfinshed bedrooms
(Total of 2,000 SF). Nobody thought I should build a house that small on
a $80,000 lot across from a lake.

Brian Elfert