John Aston

(Sorry - Posted this reply using my wife's newsgroup reader by mistake...)

Andy Hall wrote in message
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 00:40:02 +0100, "John Aston"
wrote:

snip

Is there any way around this problem? A pump and hydraulic accumulator
sounds expensive. Due to a loft conversion, there is not any convenient
space for a cistern, although I'm thinking that I may have to create

some...

Don't forget that there are tanks available in different shapes and
sizes from Polytank and that one can always link more than one
together if it helps with the nature of the space available.

About the only other option is to look into having a larger diameter
service pipe installed from the road main into the house. THis can
be disruptive and not inexpensive of course.

Hi, Andy.

Unfortunately, I have already replaced the service pipe with a new 32mm
diameter pipe. Cambridge Water tell me that they can't do anything about the
flow/pressure "because the supply is fed directly from a reservoir".

Space in my loft is very limited, but I do have basement space so I could
get an accumulator.

GAH make a "Dualstream" accumulator but you have to buy their rebadged
Ariston unvented hot water cylinder with it. I don't know anything about the
quality of Ariston.

For a 300 litre accumulator and 300 litre cylinder the list price is £2112
(less 40% from a distributor I'm told!). The 300 litre accumulator is 5'2"
high and almost 2' diameter so it takes up a lot of room.

I suppose that I'll have to compare the Dualstream cost with a "cistern and
pump" solution and take a view on it.