Pete C

On 5 Oct 2004 13:21:26 -0700, (Roly) wrote:

Interestingly enough, somebody has asked me to do a job pretty much
like this one.

I considered using the lamp switch within the cooker hood to operate
some small lamps.

How can I tell if the switch is suitably rated to handle another
20-50W of halogen lighting via a transformer ?

Hi,

If it's a microswitch it should have the resistive and inductive
rating on the body, the inductive is usually in brackets, eg 8(3)A
means 8A resistive and 3A inductive.

If it's a standard size and there's any doubt on it's rating just
replace it with something up to the job.

cheers,
Pete.