HeatMan

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

"HeatMan" wrote in message
I have a 12 ton(?) MTD log splitter that I bought used last year. I know
how to maintain small engines, so the 5HP gas motor for the hydraulic

pump
is easy.

The splitter, since it was bought used from an individual, didn't have

any
manuals.

My question is about the actual hydraulics. Do I ever have to change

the
fluid? How often should I change the filter on the hydraulic system? I
know I need to make sure there is enough fluid in the system, but what
kind
is best?

Go here http://www.mtdcanada.com/model-search.asp

Hydraulics are pretty rugged. They must be kept clean for long life

though.
Following their suggestions is a good thing.

Ya know, I have the greatest resource at my fingertips and forget about it.
I should have Googled MTD. Duh.

Thanks Edwin.