fred

In article , Alex
writes
The walls of my terrace house are made of two leaves of standard
bricks and the cavity is no more than 30mm.
Is there any way to install cavity insulation into such narrow gap?
I just found out about the YBS Airtec (aluminium foil + bubble wrap)
which promises the performance of a 50mm polystyrene (despite being
only 5mm thick) As I am redoing the innner leaf I would be tempted to
use the Airtec...
Has anyone come across similar issues?
Any suggestion?

Thanks

Alex

If you are rebuilding the inner leaf, I would suggest celotex (or Kingspan)
as it is available in a range of thicknesses and is regarded here as the best
insulation material, much better than polystyrene or others. I believe that
the claims of foiled bubblewrap brigade are to say the least optimistic.
--
fred