Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

Default NEC AccuSync 120 Schematics/parts? Think my Horizontal output is Failing

Just tonight, one of my two NEC AccuSync 120 monitors blinked, made a
discharge noise, and then caused the raster to magnify, defocus and fade to
black. Switching the monitor off and back on resulted in a repeat of this
behavior. Switching the monitor off for a minute then switching it back on
resulted in normal operation for about 2 minutes.

I removed the cover and the metal cage surrounding the electronics and have
been running the monitor for close to an hour now, but have not been able to
repeat the failure, presumably because of the lower operating temperature.

I suspect it's a horizontal output transistor, since most systems make that
a critical part of the HV flyback loop and they are the most stressed
component.

Side comment: I also own a NEC 6FG, circa 1992, and have peeked inside that
chassis years ago. The difference between the construction of that monitor
and this one is startling. The heat sinks have shrunk tremendously! (BTW,
the 6FG still runs perfectly after 14 years 24/7 operation.)

My question is where I can get a schematic and parts list for the AccuSync
120, and if these transistors are available through the usual channels
(Digikey, Mouser, etc).

--
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

VIDEO PRODUCTION . FILM SCANNING . DVD MASTERING . AUDIO RESTORATION
Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: http://www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm
Business sites at:
www.dv-clips.com
www.mwcomms.com