Rich.Andrews

"NSM" wrote in news:sgI8d.14605$MV5.538@clgrps13:

om...
news:lu58d.2427$r3.597@trnddc05...

| Stuff just fails occasionally with no good explaination, could be
| it was just a defective part that eventually quit.
|
| I am eternally grateful for your answer, which not only completely
| solved my problem with the USB port but will also magically turn the
| rest of my life into bliss. So please give me your address so that I
| can send you a $500 check, no, make that a blank check -- your advice
| was that good.

Assuming you are being sarcastic (it's not clear), I refer to this as a
CatRan question, i.e., "I was typing away on my computer and I was
holding the keyboard above my head and I was watching the screen through
my toes when all of a sudden the cat ran over my stomach and I noticed
the screen blinked twice. What causes that"?

Reminds me of the time an aquaintance went to lunch with me and a few of
the other engineers. He was in a rather "know it all" mood. I started
plying him with questions about how water softeners work, what causes
gravity, etc. He was doing good until I asked him, "Ever wake up on a
wednesday and think it was tuesday all day and then wake up the next day
and everything is ok again? What is that called?" He shut up after that.