John

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
. com...
fasthands wrote:
Sure you can hang a bag. Just make sure it isn't too heavy and it is
secured. Here is a video clip of Ross Enamait, M.S., CFT hitting the

bag in
his basement.

http://www.rossboxing.com/heavybagtraining.wmv

He's definitely whipping that bag's ass. I've got a 100 lb bag hanging

off a
joist in my garage and it hurts my arms to really pound it. Of course,

I've got
some hardware in them so I guess I can't have everything.

Getting back to topic: I just drilled a small hole through the joist and

hung
the bag on a bolt with great big fender washers to prevent the bolt from

eating
the joist. It works fine.

The best way to attach it is to use 3 attachment points. This effectively
lowers the pivot point and the bag doesn't swing as much.