Richard Faulkner

In message , Simon Stroud
writes
I pay £1.25 per yard for fitting grippers, underlay and carpet,
(including the supply of grippers and door plates. How much can it cost
for them to do the lot?

(Waiting for you to tell me that you are having 12,000 yards of carpet
fitted g)

--
Richard Faulkner

Um, isn't carpet and underlay based on a SQUARE yardage of some kind? I
can understand grippers being on a yardage round the perimeter of the
room but the shape of the room (think square vs. very long and thin
vs., heaven forbid, circular) surely has some impact on the amount of
underlay.

Or are we talking about linear length of carpet taken off the roll,
then surely the width of the carpet would come into your calculation.

... or perhaps this is the mythical builder's so-called "yard" that
skip capacity (presumably volume) seems to be measured in?

Regards,
Simon.

Sorry.

I pay £1.25 per square yard of carpet being fitted, for fitting