James

"Derek *" wrote in message

I see what you mean but it's not unavoidable the relay contacts are
isolated from the power/control input to the relay. So (figuratively
speaking) breaking into the power feed to the pump (only) and using that
as power/control inpt to the relay with the contacts switching another
source of (clean) mains power to the pump, should work OK.

DG

Yes - I understand what you are saying. I feel it would be better is there
were such a thing as a (time delay) relay which could switch the connection
between the switched live and a permanent live to the pump (in the manner
described by Set Square for the pipe stat). This would minimise the risk
of introducing another point of failure (ie boiler on, but pump not working)
should a fault occur in the relay.

James

---