Upscale

"Robert Galloway" wrote in message
Why not. The guy I work for has three Rottweilers. Got to be careful
around them or they'll love you to death. Great big teddy bears. I
can't believe the breed has any inherent evil tendencies. They must be
taught. One man's observation only.

Stayed out of this thread, but have to comment here. I may have missed it,
but all this conjecture about improper training and personality traits in
dogs has very little to do (with some exceptions) with how they react. It's
all about instinct.

When I was an 8 year old kid, we had a German Shepherd. Biggest baby and the
most gentle dog you've ever seen. One day when he was eating dinner, I was
sticking my fingers in his dog food. He snapped at me and bit me on the
cheek. Even then I could tell the dog was ashamed for nipping me, but I
realized right at that moment, you don't interfere with instinct in an
animal. The problem with having any animal, is that it's often very
difficult to tell when instinct is going to overshadow training.