raden

In message , Al Reynolds
writes
"Ric" wrote in message
.. .
CarpetRight

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

In which case you are better off fitting the
gripper etc. yourself. They'll rip you off for
it. Just go for 7-8mm all round - there's no
chance their fitter will moan - he's on a
pathetic hourly rate and he'll be blindingly
quick. FWIW, the fitter I had from Carpet
Right when I was in a rented flat was very
good, but I guess it's variable.

When CarpetRight did mine (insurance job) I can't speak for value of
money of gripper, underlay, etc, but the fitter was slow and good and
conscientious (even if CR had double booked him, and I only got half a
day out of him on the first day).

I gave the fitter an extra tenner because I was impressed by his work

--
geoff