Ian Harding

Sparks wrote:
There is a single meter, the display cycles through the two separate
readings and a total by pressing a button. There is no other equipment in
the meter cupboard.

It does sound as if my meter is recording everything used at night as
cheap rate. I wasn't sure if this was how Economy 7 worked, but from what
you and others have said it sounds the most likely explanation.

Out the bottom of the meter, how many cables are there?

If there are only 4 (L&N in and out) then it is defiantly counting
everything at night rate!

If there are 5 or 6 then it still may be counting everything on the cheap
rate, but only activating the second output at night.

I've just had a look. There are two output circuits so it must be
switching the night one but metering all night units at the cheap rate
as you say.

--
Ian Harding