Ed Sirett

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 23:07:23 +0000, raden wrote:

In message , Richard Savage
writes

raden wrote:

They claim there is "no issue with the pcb" , despite the fact that
half the pcbs I repair are Suprimas

I was in my local Plumb Center 2 or 3 months ago and raised the subject
of my Suprima 80 constantly tripping out (this was before I re-made
every solder joint on the PCB thus fixing the fault). The bod behind
the counter told me that last year Potterton changed PCB supplier and,
wait for it, replaced all PCBs in Suprima boilers that were in store,.
i.e. pre-delivery. Does that sound likely?

I've not seen any, it takes time for them to filter through to me, it
would make sense from their point of view, before victims actually get
together and bring a class action

I was told today that every Wimpy home in the UK built in the past X
years is fitted with a Suprima ... should keep me going for a while.

Yep, they are the in choice for all new builds, even the more upmarket
builders. I think that Architects are specifying Poxi Battertons based on
the Profile and Netaheat stuff from 20 years back.
However next year there won't be anymore being fitted in new build 8-)
It remains to be seen what condensing model is going to be...
so long as its not the Baxi Barcelona....

As for the controls why would anyone want to fit an electronic tank stat,
the hysteris of a normal bi-metal drayton/horstman/honeywell unit is
useful. The low tech stuff is fine. OK the little neon showing
'sat'(isfied) is marginally helpful.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk