Richard Faulkner

In message , Ric
writes

"stuart noble" wrote in message

Ric wrote in message ...
Hi folks,

The man (I always make this assumption - it could easily be a woman) is
coming to fit the bedroom carpet on Saturday and I have to get the
grippers
and underlay down before he comes. I think I know mostly what I need to
do
but am just looking for clarification:

Grippers: I intend to nail these down (spikes pointing towards skirting
of
course!) about 1/4 to 1/2 inch away from the skirting. Is this about the
right distance and how important is the distance? Anything to watch out

for
when going round architrave/chimney breast?

Underlay: No problems with the cutting of this - although not entirely

sure
how close it should get to the grippers - should it touch them or is there
are a gap? I also thought that it was just a case of putting it in place
but the packaging says that it should be fixed with staples or adhesive-
what methods of fixing would people recommend? Once the underlay is

fitted,
what tape should be used to seal the joins?

Think that's about it - although any other tips/horror stories greatly
appreciated!

If this "person" is a carpet fitter, I'd let them decide what goes where.

But if I let them fit it they will charge me!

I pay £1.25 per yard for fitting grippers, underlay and carpet,
(including the supply of grippers and door plates. How much can it cost
for them to do the lot?

(Waiting for you to tell me that you are having 12,000 yards of carpet
fitted g)

--
Richard Faulkner