Woodchuck Bill

Dave Hinz wrote in news:2sg4i8F1j9t3fU1@uni-
berlin.de:

No, the proposal may pass. But if Vito's lack of concern in explaining
his proposal is any indication, the _group_ is doomed to failure.
He doesn't even care enough to come here and talk about why it's
a good idea, but we're expected to think he'll be more active
after he gets his group?

You may have a point, but there is no requirement for him to post anything
to the new group if it passes. A "yes" vote usually means "I will read the
group", but it does not always mean "I will post to the group". Lurkers are
allowed to vote, and they are also allowed to be proponents.

If they stayed with a moderated proposal, that would have been a totally
different story.

Also keep in mind that there were two other woodworking/turning groups in
the distribution list besides the wreck, and there will probably be voters
from those groups too. Who knows what the outcome will be. I've seen some
lousy proposals unexpectedly pass.

--
Bill