chris French

In message , Mike Barnard
writes
Hi.

Putting a new bathroom in. Nice corner bath, Mira Exel shower. Gonna
feel very medetterenian!

Nice shower the Exel, but I have to turn the temprature right up to
the stop to get the really hot water.

Err, isn't that the idea, what would be the point of having really hot
water at 3 say?

The problem seems to be that
the cold water is giving far more flow / pressure than the hot.
(Supply is a WB greenstar combi putting out 14l/min DHW. )

I've tried just closing the isolator for the shower a bit, but it
makes such a noise as the water goes through that it's not an option.
Is there a device that is designed to QUIETLY reduce water pressure in
a pipe?

Hmmm, I have an excel running off a combi. The difference in flow rates
should not be an issue - that's one point of having a thermostatic
shower. Certainly with a combi you will get a difference in flow rates
with hot and cold for the obvious reason.

Does the manual say anything? I'm trying to remember if there is any
adjustment in the unit. You could ring customer services about it. I did
over something else, and they were helpful.

I do have a problem with too high pressure in the cold supply to mine
however, but the symptoms here are whistling /screeching noise from the
valve. I was able to relieve this by turning on a cold tap in the
bathroom, but the longer term solution was to fit a pressure reducing
valve in the cold supply to the shower. The same may be want you want as
well. But I think the shower should be dealing with this.

--
Chris French, Leeds