Dave Liquorice

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 14:14:18 +0100, Ric wrote:

How much? My gripper and underlay *fitted* in my lounge/diner was
cheaper than I could source it myself.

Really?

Fitting came "free" with our recent small bedroom carpet (10m^2 of
carpet). Just for comparison, digs out bill 12.19m of gripper =A39.99
(82p/m), underlay (9mm Cirrus "Cloud 9") was charged at =A34.50m^2. The =

whole bill was =A3300 (well =A3300.77 mathematically but they knocked th=
77p off...).

I beleive the carpet grippers were fairly dear as well. We were
told by the chap in the shop that the bloke who fits it would charge
extra on the day for fitting anything that wasn't purchased from
them.

We didn't look at any sheds or similar places, on the basis that I
didn't feel up to fitting it myself without seeing it done at least
once and having looked at the price of knee kickers... The other
places we looked at all had "free" fitting.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail