Greg G.

dteckie said:

Wow lots of advice and different techniques. Much appreciated!!!

Hope it helped - despite it being of "many words..."
Good Luck on polishing your technique.

I have table set for approx 1/16 removal . I do apply pressure against
fence. When beginning to cut say a small piece 8" - 12 " long, aside
from applying pressure against the fence do you apply downward
pressure at the front of board, middle or rear of board ???? I usually
apply light pressure constant downward pressure on the cutter with
left hand and right hand apply pressure against the fence.

Another thing which may help is that after performing major stock
removal, a touch-up pass at 1/32 or less often smooths up the finish
for glue-ups.

Thanks I thinks I will try outfeed table pressure, I think that may be
my problem too much pressure causing a slight bow. Thanks Greg.

Another thing to watch for - with all that pushing and shoving,
especially with the short stock you mentioned - be VERY careful not to
let the stock be pulled from your grip by the cutterheads - you could
end up planing your fingers from your hand. It's easy to forget how
sharp and dangerous these blades can be, and I would definitely
recommend using a couple of push blocks. I'd hate to be addressing
you as nubby... ;-)

FWIW,

Greg G.