Ric

"Al Reynolds" wrote in message
"Ric" wrote in message
CarpetRight

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

In which case you are better off fitting the
gripper etc. yourself. They'll rip you off for
it. Just go for 7-8mm all round - there's no
chance their fitter will moan - he's on a
pathetic hourly rate

In which case if he does identify a problem a tenner in his pocket should be
plenty enough for him to fix it for me - much less than I would have paid if
I had agreed for it to be fitted at the time of ordering!

and he'll be blindingly
quick. FWIW, the fitter I had from Carpet
Right when I was in a rented flat was very
good, but I guess it's variable.

I suppose they still have to rely on reputation to some extent - I know that
my parents got a carpet fitted from the same shop and it was fitted
perfectly - I would not have ordered from there had this not been the case.