Ric

"stuart noble" wrote in message

Ric wrote in message ...
Hi folks,

The man (I always make this assumption - it could easily be a woman) is
coming to fit the bedroom carpet on Saturday and I have to get the
grippers
and underlay down before he comes. I think I know mostly what I need to
do
but am just looking for clarification:

Grippers: I intend to nail these down (spikes pointing towards skirting
of
course!) about 1/4 to 1/2 inch away from the skirting. Is this about the
right distance and how important is the distance? Anything to watch out

for
when going round architrave/chimney breast?

Underlay: No problems with the cutting of this - although not entirely

sure
how close it should get to the grippers - should it touch them or is there
are a gap? I also thought that it was just a case of putting it in place
but the packaging says that it should be fixed with staples or adhesive-
what methods of fixing would people recommend? Once the underlay is

fitted,
what tape should be used to seal the joins?

Think that's about it - although any other tips/horror stories greatly
appreciated!

If this "person" is a carpet fitter, I'd let them decide what goes where.

But if I let them fit it they will charge me!