Dave Liquorice

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 11:54:38 +0100, Ric wrote:

Grippers: I intend to nail these down (spikes pointing towards
skirting of course!) about 1/4 to 1/2 inch away from the skirting.
Is this about the right distance and how important is the distance?

I'd talk to the fitter, the gap is probably dependant of the thickness
of the carpet but you are in the right ball park.

Underlay: No problems with the cutting of this - although not
entirely sure how close it should get to the grippers - should it
touch them or is there are a gap?

The people who just did a bedroom here the underlay was almost but not
quite touching the gripper strips. ie no real gap but not tightly
butted up.

what methods of fixing would people recommend?

Do not glue... You'll regret it when you come to change it in 10 or 20
years time or the next people to live there will curse you. Like I'm
cursing the previous ocuupiers who had everything stuck down here...

what tape should be used to seal the joins?

Don't think I saw any tape used at all on our recent fitting. Why
would you need it?

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail