George

Dog charges, target panics, trouble starts. Leash is a perfect way to work
on that behavior.

My Australian shepherd was an end-of-leash sniffer, so I had to drag him
past tempting domestic foliage while my four-year-old walked the female
borzoi who stood taller than he and outweighed him by three. Used to get a
lot of strange looks.

Actually he was the epitome of "dog" - if he couldn't eat it or screw it, he
****ed on it.

"Rick Cook" wrote in message

I'm saying any medium to large dog must be properly trained in addition to

being
socialized with the family. It is not just about 'attacking and killing'.

It
includes everything from not charging the door when excited to responding

to the
leash properly and not trying to drag you all over the place, jumping up

on
people, etc. Above all, the dog has to be trained well enough to be under
control at all times.

A dog that challenges other animals or people is an extreme example of a

dog in
bad need of training. So is a dog that crashes into the door an in effort

to get
at someone or something on the other side.