J. Clarke

Lobby Dosser wrote:

Rick Cook wrote in
:

Pit bulls were bred for strength, speed and 'gameness' -- the
unwillingness to quit --

I suspect also a considerable lack of nerve endings close to the surface.
My former Pit Bull/Boxer seemed impervious to pain. She walked into the
kitchen one night with one of the cats hanging from her lower lip by its
fangs. All 8 pounds of cat just swaying back and forth and that 'can
somebody get this cat offa me' look.

ROF,LVH. Poor long-suffering dog. But that _is_ funny, especially in light
of the prior content of the thread, which would attempt to convince us any
dog that had ever even _seen_ a pit bull would eat the cat and look for
more.

She was one of the gentlest dogs I've
ever owned, but she was never off the leash off our property and, though
she was well trained, if we saw other animals on a walk I literaly tied
the leash to my arm. She did not suffer other creatures off the property.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)