Mike Marlow

"Phisherman" wrote in message

The best is expensive...The Leigh jig. It take awhile to learn and
takes time to set up. I don't use a dovetail jig anymore, but cut all
of them by hand.

I've been meaning to spend some time dabbling with hand cut dovetails - as
soon as I finish some of the other non-wood related projects I've got on my
plate. I remember seeing a PBS show a long time ago - and I do mean a long
time ago - with an old German fellow who advocated the handcutting of
dovetails. Whipped right out on TV like they were straight cuts across a
2x4. I figure I'd rather do it that way than with a jig so I've put the
idea in the back of my mind to research this whole thing. And then along
comes your post. So... how 'bout a pointer or two to your favorite sites or
resources on hand cutting dovetails?
--

-Mike-