Rick Cook

Doug Winterburn wrote:

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 21:33:36 +0000, Rick Cook wrote:

My friend, you underestimate the coyote! First, you're unlikely to see
them.

Like the one that shadowed my wife and me for four holes on the golf
course! He made no attempt at not being seen and hung around at 25 to 50
yards. I don't see them regularly, but it's not uncommon to see them
either - many times as road kill.

-Doug

That one had learned he had nothing to fear from people on the golf course.
Obviously he'd never been hit by an errant golf ball.

Actually, that's the reason people think coyotes are more common in some
areas. Not only are they spreading their range, but they've learned they
don't have to worry about people in semi-urban or suburban areas.

In all my years in Arizona I've only seen 2 coyotes in the wild. Even when
I'm in areas with coyote sign all over the place.

--RC

--
"It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among
[my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between